Sunday, May 31, 2009

The Zoo!

After several prior attempts, we finally made it to the zoo today! It was a little hot, but we still had fun! At first Hailey wasn't really sure what we were doing, but she ended up noticing the animals and had alot of fun! We went to the giraffes first and they were really cool! Unfortunately, Hailey didn't really look at them and instead looked at all of the rocks and bushes that were closer and other kids next to us. We went to the zebras next and she didn't appreciate those either! :) It was easier for her to appreciate the animals that were closer to us. She liked the flamingos, the elephants and the orangutans! She loved the orangutans! There was a little baby orangutan that was hanging and bouncing up and down. Hailey couldn't take her eyes off of it and kept pushing off of the rail like she wanted to jump in and start playing with it! :) 

The heat got to all of us! At one point, we needed to sit and recharge. We went to the nearest food and shade area which happened to be the Fisher Price Kid Zone. That was okay for Hailey, but bad for her parents! :) There weren't any adult sized tables and chairs, so Jay and I sat jammed in the kid's table. Hailey sat on my lap as we were all jammed in the table. At least we got to sit though! While we were sitting there a  big chicken came right up to me and Hailey and wouldn't move! The chicken looked like it was about to start pecking at us so we got up and moved away from the tiny tables! :) At the end Hailey got to ride her first carousel! She rode on a giraffe! She giggled when it started going and seemed like she enjoyed herself.

Despite the heat and the crazy chickens, it was a fun day! I'm glad that we finally got to take Hailey on her first zoo trip! I'm sure there will be many more to come! (next time when it's not as hot!) Oh and check out Hailey's many hair accessories that she wore today! (a headband, a hat and even a Mohawk!)


I'll show you where to go next! :)

Hailey having fun with her dad!

It's a little bright, guys!

Hailey and I swinging!

Hailey staring at the baby orangutan!

Hailey and I pretty close to one of the elephants! (Check out Hailey's Mohawk-courtesy of Jay! :))

Hailey on the carousel..


3 comments:

  1. Glad you finally made it to the zoo, too bad it was so hot!! Next time we are in town we will have to go back!! I loved the mohawk too, very stylish!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like you guys had a fun day. The mohawk is great. We will have to go to Sea World and maybe Balboa Park Zoo in SD. That would be fun. Gramma

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the one with Hailey on Jay's shoulders.

    ReplyDelete